For as long as we maintain records of your personal data, we will keep it up-to-date and protect it with the appropriate safety measures. To learn more about how long we will retain your personal data, please see “further details” section below. You can request a copy, transfer or deletion of the personal data we keep about you at any time by contacting: Creative Industry Association® c/o Warden House, 37 Manor Road, Colchester, Essex, CO3 3LX or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information collected through the website: We collect information about you when you:
- Apply for membership to join the Creative Industry Association®
- Buy tickets or register for our events
- Register to receive our newsletters
- Complete surveys and forms
- Update personal details on the members portal
- Provide feedback or request details about our services or member offers
- Website usage information is collected using cookies.
For further detail please “further details” section below.
We collect this information to process and manage:
- Requests and ongoing management of memberships
- Registration and ticket purchase for events
- Special member offers
- Sending news updates and information about our events, offers, policy work and members
- The members’ directory
- Shared attendee lists for our events
- Meet our members section of the website
- Personalise repeat visits to the website
The members’ directory: We encourage our members to connect and collaborate with other members. We offer a secure members’ directory for this purpose, accessible by members only. With your consent, the members’ directory may feature any or all of the following information from your member profile:
- Your name
- Name of your organisation
- Your job title
- Your profile picture
- Your social media handles
- Your biography
- Your contact details will not be made available to other members, although members may message each other privately and securely through the members’ directory. Details of such communications will be collected and stored on our system.
If you have consented to being featured in our members’ directory, you may update your details or opt out at any time through your online membership profile or by contacting email@example.com
Meet our members: As a membership organisation, it is our aim to reflect the breadth of our membership on our website and the secure members’ directory. With your consent, the meet our members section of our website may feature any or all of the following information:
- Name of your organisation
- Your company logo
- URL of your company website
- Short company description – provided by you via the Members Page you may opt out at any time by writing to us to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies: are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
Google Analytics: We collect information about browsing behaviour on our website so we can update it and ensure it is relevant for our audience. We anonymise and mask IP addresses and never store your full IP address.
Newsletters: If you opt in to receive our general newsletters you will receive information regarding membership, events, services and special curated member offers in partnership with external collaborations. Members will also receive member specific newsletters, you will have to opt in to these. We will collect information on open rates and click throughs to assess and improve our newsletters and any other information you provide whilst subscribing through this form. You can easily unsubscribe from our newsletters by clicking on the link displayed at the bottom of each newsletter.
Direct Marketing: We may contact you with information regarding our membership, events, policy work and offers, via email, post or phone, and in compliance with the direct marketing regulations. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes, by writing to email@example.com
Other means of collecting information: We may collect information through channels other than our website. For more detail please click “further details” section below.
Our websites are: www.www.creativeindustryassociation.org
- Full name
- Company/organisation/trading name
- Email addresses
- Landline and mobile numbers
- Mailing and billing addresses
- Social media handles
- PA contact details (name, email, landline)
- Short biography
- Payment methods (encrypted)
- Forms and survey responses
- IP addresses and website visit behaviour (cookies)
- Purchase history
- User login details
Other means of processing information: Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. We collect publicly available information from Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter profiles, when users mention our handle, comment on or retweets our posts. We collect posts, handles, names and follower count. We process this information, under the lawful basis of Legitimate Interest – tracking engagement. We will use this information to manage our social media profiles, asses impact and recognise potential collaborators and prospects.
Emails: We collect information from emails sent to our team members. We collect names, job titles and contact details of contacts that may qualify as leads or can contribute to our policy work.
Our lawful bases for processing personal information: All personal data we process is:
- For the purpose of providing you with products such as memberships, events and policy-work (Contract).
- Sharing and promoting our news, as well as providing members with various opt-in online products and surveys (Consent).
- Marketing purposes (Legitimate Interest – Business to Business Marketing).
- Surveying our online presence and adapting it to insure it suits our audience interests (Consent).
We use third party processors to collect, export, process and store personal data on our behalf. All our processors are compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations and you can view their websites for further detail:
- Dropbox , Inc (California)
- Google LLC (California)
- Mailchimp (The Rocket Science Group, LLC, Georgia)
- PayPal Holdings, Inc (California)
- SurveyMonkey (California)
- Slack Technologies (California)
- Trello (New York City)
Data retention: We will retain some personal data categories in order to comply with legal requirements. Otherwise, we will remove information that is not required for our processes.
Complaints: If you have any complaints about our processing, please contact us directly. You can also lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner Office.